Wider IS Better!
By Michael Schlee
Not too long ago a 245mm width tire was deemed large. However, things have gotten out of hand today as car manufacturers push for wider and wider rubber.
Even the Smart Car can come with a 215/35R17. So, it seems that to make and impression, and possibly grip, with your ultra-performance car today, you need at least a 300mm width series tire.
Here is a list of production vehicles at CIAS that are members of this exclusive club.
1. Dodge Viper SRT-10 Rear Tire 345/30R19
2. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Rear Tire 335/25R20
3. Lamborghini Murciélago Rear Tire 335/30R18
4. Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series Rear Tire 325/30R20
5. Ferrari 599GTB Fiorano Rear Tire 305/35R20